warning sign Our Customer Service phone lines will be closed on Good Friday (15 April) and Bank Holiday Monday (18 April). During these times you can still use all our online services.

You can also contact the emergency council housing repairs service on 0800 018 6050 and make payments using our 24 hour automated service on 0345 370 6070  ×

Coronavirus (COVID-19) supported housing advice

We understand that the coronavirus pandemic has been an uncertain and worrying time for everyone. We have worked hard to keep you informed and maintain the wellbeing, health and safety of our tenants and staff. 

Use of facilities at sheltered schemes

Although there is no longer a legal requirement to wear a face covering in indoor public spaces, we want to do everything we can to keep staff and residents safe. We continue to ask everyone using all communal facilities and lounges to wear a face covering until seated, unless exempt.

All communal lounges will remain open for at least two days per week for the time being. We do not have sufficient staff available to clean them to the required standards every day, but we are working with Age UK and other local organisations to provide additional activities when possible. Your supported housing officer will make sure that some windows are open to provide ventilation.

Please continue to use the hand-sanitising stations in your scheme when entering and leaving communal areas. Follow the Government’s advice to wash your hands thoroughly with soap and water for at least 20 seconds before and after you meet other people.

How can I find out more about COVID-19?

The Government's coronavirus (COVID-19) web page is updated regularly with details of any changes to what you can and can't do, as well as current eligibility for COVID-19 vaccinations.

What should I do if I develop symptoms?

If you develop a new, continuous cough, a high temperature or any loss or change to your sense of smell or taste you should get a PCR test as soon as possible, then stay at home. You must not visit your Supported Housing Officer or enter your communal lounge. You must let us know if you are expecting any other Dacorum Borough Council staff or contractors to visit you - for example, if you are expecting a repair or gas safety check. You should pull your cord or telephone your Supported Housing Officer if you need support.

If you need advice about your symptoms you should use the AskFirst app or visit the NHS website. If you do not have access to the internet then you should call 111. In an emergency, call 999. 

Will I still receive visits from my Supported Housing Officer?

Our Supported Housing Officers are working from their schemes and are continuing to make doorstep visits to most tenants. They will enter the homes of vulnerable tenants when required, as well as to complete welfare checks.

It’s still a good idea to make sure that you keep a supply of any regular medications, as well as some tinned or dried food. If you have any concerns regarding food or medication supplies, particularly if you have had a positive test result, please contact your Supported Housing Officer by telephone or by pulling your cord. 


We do not intend to ask staff or tenants for proof of vaccination, but we encourage everyone to take up the offer of COVID-19 vaccines and boosters if possible.

Useful contacts

  • Dacorum Borough Council Supported Housing Team: Call 01442 228347
  • Hertfordshire Adult Social Services: Call 0300 123 4042.
  • Coronavirus vaccination bookings (for those without internet access): Call 119 between 7am and 11pm.