Throughout the COVID-19 pandemic, our Customer Service Unit (CSU) has been continuing to deliver services to our customers whilst working remotely over the telephone.
From Monday 7 June 2021, our customer service team will provide a staffing presence at our offices in the Forum in Hemel Hempstead for essential enquiries by pre appointment. These will be arranged in cases where queries/issues cannot be dealt
with over the telephone or via online services.
You will be able to book appointments by calling 01442 228000 and asking for the service you require.
All visitors will be required to wear a face covering in the Forum, unless exempt.
The reception area will be open for pre appointments from:
- 8.45am to 5.15pm, Monday to Thursday
- 8.45am to 4.45pm, Friday
Reception functions will include:
- booking of essential appointments for customers to be seen by CSU staff at a pre-arranged appointment, where the interaction cannot be completed in an alternative way (phone / online)
- providing customers with contact information
- sale of waste sacks
- advising customers of alternative ways to carry out a transaction rather than having to make a visit.
Should you require an appointment to see a customer service representative for a more detailed appointment, you will be booked in for a future date.
Customers will not be able to wait in the Forum for the appointment as the staffing resources will not be available.
You will be able to use the self-service telephones in the reception area to contact Hertfordshire County Council, Osborne or other Council departments.
Should you wish to speak with, or see an officer in another service, our customer service team will try to resolve the query as it currently does, or will contact the service duty officer (where this arrangement is in place). If this is not possible they
- give you the direct telephone number
- offer the self-service telephones
- provide you with a contact email address or send an email on your behalf.
All urgent or emergency enquiries will be dealt with by the customer service representatives at the Forum’s reception desk.
We will continue to provide a full range of services online and via telephone.